Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 130

Thread: Just go...

  1. #61
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i didnt get that communist thing either lolz, and cruise ships are huge, some have malls in them >_>

  2. #62
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Long live Queen Mary II!! *Brit reference, this is a huge cruise ship which is almost like a town centre, on a boat. Recently had her maiden trip to New York*

    BTW, i'm noticing a trend here...

  3. #63
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That ship kicks ass.

    Which trend?

  4. #64
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    o.o A town centre? Wow.

  5. #65
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WTF, I have been on the other side of the planet as well (Argentina), and France is another country no matter how much do its politics suck. Andorra is one of these virtual countries though; Andorra is to Spain what Lichtenstein is to Germany or what San Marino is to Italy.


    Anyway, it seems that most of the people here are afraid of other cultures, mainly Islamic. I'm not though. Seems to be something i noticed.

    Well, yeah... if going there means they'll try to buy the girls I go with (like they did with the wives of two people I know in separate occasions), get their filthy muslim hands on them (like they did with my mother right in front of my father's face), kill me in some islamic ritual if I do something they don't like, steal from me because they are so lame, etc., I AM afraid to go there, and proud of it. To be afraid of what will hurt you is a necessary instinct for life, and people who aren't afraid of absolutely anything have a recognized mental disorder.

    And that's just me. It's even worse for girls, of course. I still laugh at the puke face my female friends made in class when somebody mentioned going to Tunisia. Few Spanish women will be happy with having to cope with their bullshit culture, being forced to wear long skirts, having to cover their nice hair with a stupid towel to enter some stupid place, getting groped by savages, and many other disgusting things. I wonder what would you think of islam and all that shit if you were a girl.

    I'm not afraid of better educated cultures in Asia, though it's obvious I'll be more comfortable visiting a country with my own western culture, as I'll always find the stuff I need and I'll always know how are things done and what's going on. I would, however, visit countries like Japan or China, and I'd try to have time to read a book on their culture before to better understand what I see.

    The only countries I wouldn't visit are islamic countries (maybe except UAE), most of Africa (maybe except the South African Republic), Colombia, Cuba, North Korea, and extremely poor countries in Asia.

    Anyways, when I visit somewhere, I want to see magnificent buildings, astonishing works of art, opulence, prosperity, colorful and nice clothes, and lots of shops; I want to hear tales of epic empires and heroic battles; I want to sleep in a comfortable place and be treated properly by natives; and I want to buy quality souvenirs. It's just my personal preference; I want to stick to the rich and tourism-oriented world, simply because I enjoy it better.


    Then again, most of the people here are young too, so they can't afford to travel without their parents.

    I'm not too young and I can afford travelling alone, but I just don't want to visit some places. In fact, my parents visited Turkey and I stayed home.

    They visited Turkey not because they really wanted to, but because my father was given a free trip, and I could have bought mine but I prefered to stay. They liked the trip overall, though they did have some bad experiences, and my mother didn't like the people at all. And OMG, the funny/scary annecdote: they wanted to buy something, and since they didn't find nice souvenirs, they went to some bazar and bought these sheets that looked good enough. Back home they opened it, and found that:

    1. They are much smaller than their bed for some reason
    2. They have a medium-sized hole in one side!!??11. And it's NOT a defect in the product. They later found that the hole is there so the man can do the woman without touching her "sinful" skin. OMGWTF. This is a monstruous, savage thought. Then you wonder why do I hate muslims.


    This is crazy, am i the only person who's suffered serious jet lag here?!

    I would suffer jet lag if I weren't un-jet-laggy. As I said, I lived in Argentina until the family moved back to Spain, and I visited the place some years after. I stay up to 5 AM some days of the week depending on how early do I have to wake up next day, but I never really suffered a jet lag thing because of sleeping irregularly.

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ May 01, 2004 01:56 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  6. #66
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It only lacks a Shinist temple

  7. #67
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know about that...

    Also the trend seems to be that most americans don't seem to have left their country. Same for Wiseman, i mean, Anddorra is just a ski village and France... well thats just a place that scary uncles made up.

    On the other hand, i've been on the other side of the planet. New Zealand, Singapore, USA, India, Nepal, Saudi Arabia (briefly), most of Europe.

    Anyway, it seems that most of the people here are afraid of other cultures, mainly Islamic. I'm not though. Seems to be something i noticed.

    Then again, most of the people here are young too, so they can't afford to travel without their parents.

    This is crazy, am i the only person who's suffered serious jet lag here?!

  8. #68
    Inactive Member Allchimistul's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2002
    Posts
    137
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm thinking about traveling around the world but that's gonna cost me.

  9. #69
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Cav: You mean Switzerlandz0r [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  10. #70
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OMGWTFOKAYBBQLMAO!


    places i wanna go!!!

    Japanz0r
    Australiaz0r
    Spainz0r
    Englandz0r
    Canadaz0r
    Switzerland?
    Italyz0r

    i forget other places that are travelable... i hate language barriers tho lolz

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •